Who cleans and Maintains Interstate Rest Areas?
We do!! Handishop is one of the largest providers of
Rest Area Maintenance to the State of Wisconsin.
The next time you are at one of the locations on the map below, say 'Hello' to the over 60 employees that take care of these sites. Your happiness with the sites is our main concern!
Transportation- Provided at no cost to the employee. Transportation provides an added freedom to choose a job that some employees would not otherwise be able to take.
We also provide community based employment in many other buildings through Janitorial contracts.
- WIS DOT
- Interstate Weigh Scales
- WIS DOT Sign Shop
- 5 area National Guard Armories
- Onalaska Department of Motor Vehicle Service Center
- Seasonal Waysides: Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe and Wood Counties.
Services provided by Handishop
- Snow removal
- Well water testing
- Recycling services
- Traffic count and water use data
- Tourism literature distributio
- Comprehensive custodial and landscape care
- Maintenance for: Buildings, sidewalks, plaza areas, planting, DOT owned grounds
- Coordination of all maintenance contracts: HVAC, well/septic, & electric