What is an Adult Day Center?
An Adult Day Center provides social and recreational oopportunities and allows individuals the ability to stay in their home longer.
Who Can Benefit From A Day Center?
Participants of the Handishop Day Center are adults who do not require continuous medical care, but may need some assistance throughout the day.
They May Be:
- Individuals who are dependent on others for assistance with daily living tasks.
- People who are socially isolated and need assistance or opportunities to see other people.
- People who are physically and or developmentally impaired.
- Additionally, anyone with a mental health diagnosis can benefit.
- Individuals with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and the aging population.
Participants benefit in many ways..
- Increase positive feelings about themselves.
Improve communication skills.
Increase involvement in the community.
Improve and maintain daily living skills.
Develop new friends and interests.
Improve physical functioning.
How care providers can benefit from a Day Center?
Families need time to meet their own needs
as well as time to relax.
While the person you care for is having fun and is engaged in a safe supervised setting you can:
*Go to work
*Take a nap!!!
Who are we?
Handishop Day Center
is a division of Handishop Industries, Inc.
of Tomah, WI.
2 Day Centers- To serve you Better!
Tomah Day Center
1411 N. Superior Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660
Sparta Day Center
620 Industrial Drive- Suite 2
Sparta, WI 54656